We are looking for experienced Carpenters to join our business, Extrastaff Limited. Our growing business requires organised and trustworthy individuals who pride themselves on quality workmanship. You must be motivated and result driven.
You might be asked to work across the country to assist our projects, so flexibility on work locations is preferred.
The Carpenter is responsible for:
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Install structures or fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters hand or power tools.
- Verify trueness of structure, using plumb bob and level.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenters hand tools, or power tools.
- Select and order lumber or other required materials.
- Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Maintain records, document actions, and present written progress reports.
- Inspect ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Erect scaffolding or ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses or buildings, using paint, hand tools, or panelling.
- Studying drawings and creating forming shutters for concrete work
- Creating structures, forms or chutes for pouring concrete for large concrete jobs
- Arrange for subcontractors to deal with special areas, such as heating or electrical wiring work.
- Cover subfloors with building paper to keep out moisture and lay hardwood, parquet, or wood-strip-block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
- Fill cracks or other defects in plaster or plasterboard and sand patch, using patching plaster, trowel, and sanding tool.
- Apply shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, or decorative panelling to ceilings or walls.
- Prepare cost estimates for clients or employers.
- Work with or remove hazardous material.
- Perform minor plumbing, welding, or concrete mixing work.
- All other duties as assigned
Min $27.76 per hour to a maximum of $30per hour
Hours of work
Minimum 30 hours of work is guaranteed
Skills and experience required:
- 2+ years relevant experience in carpentry OR relevant qualification is preferred, but not essential
- Friendly, with good time management, excellent work ethic are essential
- Time management skills
- A commitment to learning and developing your skills within the industry
- Sound knowledge of H and S procedures
- Reliable and hardworking
You may be required to work in multiple locations throughout New Zealand including Auckland, Northland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Hawke's bay, Taranaki, Gisborne, Whanganui-Manawatu, Wellington, Marlborough, Nelson-Tasman, Canterbury, West Coast, Otago and Southland.
This role will be permanent and full-time job
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and brief covering letter outlining your experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.