We are looking for Trades Assistants to join our business, Extrastaff Limited. Our growing business requires organised and trustworthy individuals who pride themselves on quality workmanship. You must be motivated and result driven.
You might be asked to work across the country to assist our projects, so flexibility on work locations is preferred.
The Trades Assistant is responsible for:
- View electrical layouts to determine the appropriate system and ensure compliance to electrical and fire codes
- Install and test the system to make sure it is properly working
- Responsible for repairing any problems with the system and replacing defective parts
- Work within guidelines set by Leading Hand, Supervisor, or Manager to ensure equipment build meets programmed, time, cost and quality requirements
- Monitor progress of all work and, when required, communicate any delays or problems to Leading Hand, Supervisor, or Manager
- Carry out quality inspection work in area of responsibility in accordance with all policies and procedures
- Ensure full understanding of safety objectives and policies and request advice or opinion when required
- Participate as a member of the marine team and in the wider organisation
- All other duties as assigned
Min $27.76 per hour to a maximum of $30 per hour
Hours of work
Minimum 30 hours of work is guaranteed
Skills and experience required:
- Ideally one-year relevant experience or relevant qualification equivalent to NZQF Level 1, but not compulsory
- Friendly, with good time management and excellent work ethic are essential
- Time management skills
- A commitment to learning and developing your skills within the industry
- Sound knowledge of H and S procedures
- Reliable and hardworking
You may be required to work in multiple locations throughout New Zealand including Auckland, Northland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Hawkes Bay, Taranaki, Gisborne, Whanganui-Manawatu, Wellington, Marlborough, Nelson-Tasman, Canterbury, West Coast, Otago and Southland.
This role will be permanent and full-time job
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and brief covering letter outlining your experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.