We are looking for experienced Truck Drivers to join our business, Extrastaff Limited. Our growing business requires an organised and trustworthy individual who pride yourself on quality workmanship. You will be motivated and result driven.
You might be asked to work across the country to assist our projects, so flexibility on work locations is preferred.
The Truck Driver is responsible for:
- Undertake all tasks associated with all Driver operations, projects and tasks that may be assigned to you from time to time that are within your skills and competencies and work within company expectations, instructions, policies and directives within best practice performance that meets or exceeds customer or company expectations, such as but not limited to:
- Drives trucks for infrastructure, manufacturing or transport services
- Assemble, load, unload, secure, transport materials and wide variety of goods
- Responsible for the stability of their load
- Perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance
- Use all vehicles with due care and diligence and in compliance with manufacturers instructions, industry standards and company instructions.
- Present all documentation in a professional and timely manner that at least meets or exceeds customer and employer expectations and information contained therein being complete and accurate.
- Ensure best practice in the security of vehicles is upheld at all times.
- Drive vehicles in a safe and law abiding manner and to not at any time in any manner drive a vehicle that may bring the company into disrepute.
- All vehicles shall be presented to best standards both inside and out and groomed/maintained at least once a week, and at any other time when presentability is not to company standards.
- All tools associated to the vehicle shall be maintained to the best of standards and secured on the vehicle to meet legal requirements. You will not transfer tools from one vehicle to the other without advising a senior manager of you doing so.
- You shall supply the vehicle with fuel from the company on site fuel supply as a first option, (if applicable), keeping your PIN secure at all times, and operating the equipment and maintaining any records to best standards with completeness and accuracy.
- When fueling any vehicle from a Mobil Retail outlet you will process the purchase by using your assigned PIN for that vehicle, have the odometer reading recorded on the transaction slip and make this slip available at the first opportunity to assigned office staff.
Skills and experience required:
- Preferably 1+ year heavy vehicle driving experience OR relevant qualification, but not essential
- Must hold a Class 4 license, but Class 5 would be better
- Experience in operating civil and earth moving machinery to include but not limited to Excavators, Dozers, Rollers (WTR) would be advantageous
- Friendly, with good time management, excellent work ethic are essential
- Time management skills
- A commitment to learning and developing your skills within the industry
- Sound knowledge of H and S procedures
- Reliable and hardworking
Min $27.76 per hour to a maximum of $30 per hour
Hours of work
Minimum 30 hours of work is guaranteed
You may be required to work in multiple locations throughout New Zealand including Auckland, Northland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Hawkes Bay, Taranaki, Gisborne, Whanganui-Manawatu, Wellington, Marlborough, Nelson-Tasman, Canterbury, West Coast, Otago and Southland.
This role will be permanent and full-time job
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and brief covering letter outlining your experience and skills.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.