We are looking for experienced Aluminium Fabricators to join our business, Extrastaff Limited. Our growing business requires organised and trustworthy individuals who pride themselves on quality workmanship. You must be motivated and result driven.
You might be asked to work across the country to assist our projects, so flexibility on work locations is preferred.
The Aluminium Fabricator is responsible for:
- Study, understand and check job sheet drawings and specifications to determine job requirements
- Proceed to complete work as per job sheet drawings and in accordance with the schedule set by the Factory Manager
- Comply with company procedures and training for:
- Prepping (cleaning and preparing Aluminium stock for Fabrication)
- Cutting Aluminium (using hand tools and metal cutting machines)
- Assembly (aligning parts to be joined and joining metal using various techniques, bolting and riveting, with hand tools and measuring instruments)
- Fixing of hardware
- Cutting and fitting of liners
- Finishing products by cleaning, filing and polishing, ready for delivery
- Stores and raw materials
- Waste by-products
- Onsite installation of aluminium structures and cladding
- Check and maintain equipment and tools
- Setting up and maintaining a tidy and productive work area
- Attend usual workstation and check all necessary equipment is safe and functional
- Report any significant maintenance required or any safety issues
- Assist and co-operate with other staff members
- Assist with moving frames around factory
- Load and unload delivery vehicles, both inwards and outgoing
- Assist with deliveries to site and the moving of frames on site
- Carry out stock takes as required
- Keep the workplace clean, tidy and free from rubbish or other obstructions
- As required, carry out cleaning and maintenance work on the employers premises, machinery, vehicles and equipment
- Carry out such other duties as would normally be associated with the position of an Aluminum Joinery Fabricator
Skills and experience required:
- Preferably 2+ years experience in metal fabricating or relevant occupation, OR relevant qualification that is equivalent to NZQA Level 4. However, we accept any candidates who have minimal industrial experience and are willing to learn.
- Friendly, with good time management, excellent work ethic are essential
- Time management skills
- A commitment to learning and developing your skills within the industry
- Sound knowledge of H and S procedures
- Reliable and hardworking
Min $25.00 per hour to a maximum of $30 per hour
Hours of work
Minimum 30 hours of work is guaranteed
You may be required to work in multiple locations throughout New Zealand including Auckland, Northland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Hawkes Bay, Taranaki, Gisborne, Whanganui-Manawatu, Wellington, Marlborough, Nelson-Tasman, Canterbury, West Coast, Otago and Southland.
This role will be permanent and full-time job
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and brief covering letter outlining your experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.